- Master InstructorDecember 2008 to present San Francisco, CaliforniaI have a blast traveling around the US and Canada teaching TRX and Rip Training to personal trainers, group exercise instructors, coaches, Physical Therapists and other fitness professionals. I use the TRX Suspension Trainer and Rip Trainer with every single client, every single day. It is by far the best piece of equipment around.
- fitness directorAugust 1997 to present Madison, WisconsinI've worked here for 14 years and have YET to find a better health club. I am currently the Fitness Director and also do personal training and teach group exercise.
- Co OwnerAugust 1996 to present Madison, Wisconsinhttp://www.madisonlogrolling.com
Preserving the rich history of Wisconsin logging through log rolling programs all over the greater Madison area!
- Life is an adventure. Smile and enjoy!
Fitness expert, world champion lumberjack athlete, national spokesperson, fitness competitor, gymnast, pole vaulter, runner... the list goes on and on. A born and raised Badger, Shana graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a degree in Kinesiology – Exercise Science. With years of experience as Fitness Director/Personal Trainer/Group Exercise Instructor at Supreme Health and Fitness in Madison, she is now also a Master Instructor for TRX Training. Her love for sports and fitness began at a very early age when she became a competitive gymnast. She still maintains her gymnastics skills through fitness competitions such as Fitness America, Ms. Fitness, and Women's Tri Fitness. Through these fitness competitions, she has had the opportunity to model for Muscle and Fitness, Flex, Natural Muscle, and Oxygen magazines. She is the head coach of Team Supreme Figure and Fitness, helping other women achieve their goals of looking fit and healthy on stage.
Unique and fun sports are what really fascinate her. Frustrated that girls were not allowed to pole vault in high school, she joined the boys track team and became the first female pole vaulter in Madison, WI! She then went on to become the first female pole vaulter at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
Her biggest claim to fame is being a 5 time WORLD champion women's professional log roller and boom runner. Sponsored by Lumberjack's Restaurant Chain and Lululemon, Shana has been featured on ESPN, ABC Wide World of Sports, and the Outdoor Life Network competing in lumberjack events. She now spreads her love of the sport as the head coach and co-owner of Madison Log Rolling, which holds classes for youth and adults at Madison YMCAs and Wingra Canoe and Sailing Center.
One of the largest focuses of her life is doing her part to help find a cure Huntington's Disease. Her mom is currently non-responsive in a nursing home with this devastating disease. Shana has a 50% chance of suffering the same fate. Huntington's is a genetic brain disorder that onsets in mid life causing uncontrollable movements, and gradual loss of the ability to walk, talk, eat, and think for oneself. Shana is a national spokesperson for the Huntington's Disease Society of America, and has appeared in many news stories, print ads, and public speaking venues to raise awareness for this horrible disease. She is on the board of the Wisconsin Chapter of the Huntington's Disease Society of America, and hosts many fundraisers throughout the year.
- "so i'm guessing this after party will be similar to many hayward after parties - skinny dipping and darren wearing a gorilla costume?" - Maggie