- Advisory Board MemberApril 2017 to present San Francisco, CaliforniaRhumbix uses timekeeping and production data collected from the field construction workers to generate real-time productivity and performance insights.
Advising on Sales Acceleration and Product Marketing.
- FounderNovember 2015 to present San Francisco, CaliforniaGoStart.io is all about my work in new products, startups and making thoughtful art and IoT prototypes.
I love working with seed and early tech stage starts up -- focusing on people, product and operations.
When not working on product or with startups, I'm in my shop building useful IoT devices. I love enhancing everyday objects with a little more light, color and smarts ;-)
- Board Member, Company OfficerJanuary 1, 2014 to presentI co-founded this company with my friends Curtis Simmons and Trey Ratcliff. I remain an investor and company officer, serving on the board.
- CEO, Co-FounderJanuary 1, 2014 to October 31, 2015http://www.facebook.com/TheArcanum
The Arcanum is the world’s most personal, effective, and enjoyable way for you to Level Up your skills. World-class Masters (expert coaches) personally select each Apprentice (Learners) to form communities where everyone works together to close the gap between aspiration and ability.
- Strategic AdvisorJuly 2013 to February 2014http://www.facebook.com/TheArcanum
Advising on business model, financial model, product, and go-to-market (GTM) for new start-up with a unique and innovate method for delivering online education for photography and other visual arts.
- OwnerJuly 2013 to December 31, 2013I spent time with my family, revitalized my fitness routine, volunteered at my kids' school, and founded a STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math) Program for our School District. I also "unwound" a bit with a few trips in the US, New Zealand, and Mexico - mostly to practice my photography and do some fun activities like helicopter tours, big game sport fishing, and driving race cars. Whatever time was left over was spent making photographs (http://photography.allthingsg.me).
- Sr. Director, Product Marketing, End User ComputingOctober 2003 to July 2013 Palo Alto, CaliforniaPreviously I looked after Product Marketing and Field Enablement within the End-User Computing business unit at VMware. Prior to that I was responsible for the WW Advanced Services organization, focusing on specialized service delivery and IP creation around emerging VMware products. I also looked after M&A Integration within our WW Technical Services Organization and helped lead the integration of SpringSource, Zimbra, EMC/Ionix, Gemstone, and others.
- Manager, Partner RelationsJanuary 2003 to October 2003 San Mateo, California• Trained partners’ sales and deployment resources, managed delivery of Intalio products to partners, planned and scoped partner internal deployments, established partner competency centers, ascertained partner-specific product requirements, and coordinated partner deployment resources with Intalio Client Services.
• Designed and developed a comprehensive training strategy and centralized training program for Intalio customers and partners.
• Supported sales efforts to acquire new contracts with Swiss Reinsurance and the National Imagery and Mapping Agency.
- Co-Founder & VP OperationsMarch 2000 to July 2002 San Mateo, CaliforniaI co-founded SiteBurst: an enterprise software vendor in the channel marketing space. SiteBurst targeted companies which marketed across fragmented distribution channels (i.e, dealers, VARs, retailers)
I managed financial reporting, financial model, company budgets, human resources, facilities, and IT.
• Responsible for all finance, human resources, facilities, and corporate IT functions in the company.
• Prepared operating plans and budgets with extremely limited resources in a post-“Internet bubble” software start-up.
• Responsible for operational and financial models used for burn-rate management, cash management, budget process, and vendors.
• Established post-sale customer services functions and support structure for customers such as Bombardier and San Francisco Opera.
• Responsible for all hiring processes, recruiting, and team building activities.
- Manager, Professional ServicesMarch 1997 to June 1999 San Mateo, CaliforniaReceived "President's Award" for outstanding achievement (given by NETG CEO: John Danner)
I was responsible for the technical implementation and deployment of NetGravity AdServer and other software products into production environments at customer sites.
I personally managed the implementations and upgrades for more than 40 customers including CNN Interactive, The Weather Channel, HotWired, CDNow, Anderson & Lembke, Disney Online, and Warner Bros.
- Sr. ConsultantMarch 1993 to March 1997 Chicago, IllinoisSr. Consultant within the Technology Integration Services (TIS) division, working on Technical Architecture for large scale 3-tier OLTP projects for large telecom and media companies. Developed 3-tier client-server applications in COBOL, C, and Powerbuilder.
Awarded "Knowledge Contributor of the Year" within the Technology Integration Services practice led by Scott Sargent.
Others Named Peter Giordano
- No contact info to show