‘Learning Goals’ as listed in the updated Kindergarten Curriculum Framework released by Ministry of Education.
Children need to learn the following prior to starting primary school:
1) How to write their first name
2) Recognise frequently used words such as “at”...
3) Ask simple questions like “why” and “what”
4) Follow instructions like “Draw a picture and colour it”
5) They should be able to count up to at least 10, do simple addition and recognize basic shapes
6) They should learn to carry out tasks confidently.
~Asathal Kaalai with AnAnD!