5 Steps to a Healthier Home
Believe it or not, being healthy at home isn’t just about what’s happening in your fridge. Sure, it’s a good starting point, but the...re are actually many ways to create a pro-health environment throughout your home. Here are five simple ways to start.
1. Declutter the kitchen. In this case, we’re not talking about knickknacks—we’re talking about food. Go through your cabinets, pantry, fridge and freezer and say goodbye to anything that’s been lingering for way too long. Donate canned goods you’ve been saving ‘just in case,’ get rid of freezer-burned processed meals and old packages of crackers and snacks. Once your shelves are cleared out, start buying and eating mostly fresh items, picking up just what you need every couple of days as opposed to doing a mega shopping every couple of weeks.
2. Honor your eating area. If you’re wolfing down meals standing up at the kitchen counter or on the sofa in front of the TV, it’s likely that you’ve adopted some poor eating habits. Make sure your dining space is set to sit down and enjoy a mindful eating experience that includes quality time with your loved ones, as well. Not only will this lead to eating better prepared, healthier meals, it will force you to eat more slowly, which will help you avoid overeating.
3. Check the air quality in your most-frequented space. Whether it’s the living room or family room, make sure the air is healthy in the room in which you spend the most time. Dust and vacuum more often than usual (especially if you have pets or use a fireplace frequently), open the windows to circulate air, or use an air purifier or salt rocks to remove impurities. Add some house plants to help absorb carbon dioxide and release additional oxygen.
4. Carve a restorative niche. Whether it’s a small workout area, or a reading and meditation nook, everyone needs to build their own private space within the busy walls of their home. Whether it’s for exercise or simple quiet time, having a mini escape right at home is essential to both your physical and mental well-being.
5. Create a rest-inducing bedroom. Many of us aren’t getting enough sleep, which is at the root of a wide variety of health problems. Do a quick analysis of your sleeping quarters to make sure they’re conducive to a good night’s rest: Is your mattress well-suited for your sleeping needs? Is there a television that needs to go? Is the temperature cool enough? Is an after-hours quiet zone enforced? If not, get your bedroom in sleeping shape pronto.
These five steps will help ensure your home is designed to serve both your physical and emotional health.
If you need more real estate information, feel free to contact me.
Copyright© 2018 RISMedia, The Leader in Real Estate Information Systems and Real Estate News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be republished without permission.
New data just released by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The U.S. Census Bureau released new data Wednesday that showed the Palmetto State is now home to 5,024,369 people.
Waiting to list your home until the spring? Here are 7 reason's why you should list it now.
🚨BREAKING🚨 A plan has officially been proposed to bring @topgolf to Greenville. A 13.5 acre facility plus restaurant and hotel is outlined in a rendering.
📍 between I-85 and Garlington Rd at the Pelham Red exit
Do you have plan on Sunday? Are you looking for a beautiful home in Simpsonville SC? Come see me Sunday August 6th from 2-4pm for an open house at 14 Habersham Court. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Here's why you should never buy or sell a home without using an agent ...
// via realtor.com
Whether buying your first home or your 5th here are a few great points to keep in mind!
- See more at: http://www.cdanjoyner.com/…/lates…/retire-in-greenville-sc/…
If you're looking to buy a home this spring call me today.
Another company breaking ground on a massive facility here in the upstate. #BestMoveEver
BB&T is breaking ground today on a $30 million facility in Mauldin.