Thank you Lord, for such a wonderful fellowship while we appreciate the nature that you have created for us.
I am grateful for the increase of participants, and we shall look forward to the next Shalom Healthy Lifestyle.
Shalom Healthy Lifestyle is back again! This time round, we will be venturing to Bukit Batok Nature Park and Bukit Batok Town Park (Little Guilin). It will be held on 26 August 2017, 0800hrs to 1200hrs.
This will be the timetable of the Nature Trails:
0800hrs - Gather at Buzz Shop, Jurong Point Bus Interchange
0900hrs - Start from Bukit Batok Nature Park then to Bukit Batok Town Park...
1130hrs - End of at Bukit Gombak Mrt Station
1145hrs - Lunch at Alif Restaurant
1230hrs - Expected time to end
*Please take note it may either end earlier or later depending on our physical fitness.
The journey around Bukit Batok Nature Park is estimated to be about 3km. Followed by the walk to Bukit Batok Town Park is estimated to be about 1.7km. Lastly, a short walk around Bukit Batok Town Park is about 800m. The total estimated distance that we will be hiking is 5.5km. The terrain is slightly hilly, pathways are easy to walk, and stairs will be involved.
Difficulty of the trail: Easy (It is elderly and children friendly too.)
Attire: Sport wear and comfortable shoes
*Slippers are not recommended
Things to bring:
1) Water Bottle (>500ml)
2) Mosquito Repellant
3) Towel (Optional)
4) Spare clothes for changing (Optional)
6) Waterproof bags or zip lock to contain for wet weather
7) Snacks or sweets
8) Wet tissue/tissue paper
To ensure everyone's safety for the hiking, do follow the safety measures mentioned below. "Safety begins with ME"
1) Hydrate yourself about 500ml the night before you sleep, best before 2000hrs if not you will wake up to pee.
2) Please consume light breakfast before meeting up.
3) Bring sufficient water for the hiking
4) If you are bring snacks, please seal it in air-tight bags to prevent monkeys from attacking.
5) Sun block lotions and mosquitoes repellant are encouraged to be applied.
6) Rest/Pit-stop will be allocated through the journey
7) Wet weather during the hike, take cover under pavilions along the way.
During hiking, you are free to take pictures and explore the nature. However, do not get yourself lost from the main body. If lost, find your way to the main track and navigate to the nearest exit route. Remain calm at all times and try contact each other.