Would you like to win an umbrella package for you and 9 friends including entry, race book and beverage voucher for the Mollymook Cup race day on Sunday 22 Octo...ber? Like our PAGE, like and Share this post and name the winner of the 2016 Mollymook Cup in comments. Winner will be notified on Thursday 19 October. (Clue the name of this horse appears in one of our earlier posts) Visit Shoalhaven SERA South East Racing Association
Finalists last year in the SERA Fashions on the Field. Winner Amy Hay from Sapphire Coast Turf Club (second left, black dress, red roses)
Check out or page for your club's heat date..
Bombala Jockey Club - hosted by Barb Joseph, 21 October
Shoahaven City Turf Club - hosted by Brooke Strahan - 22 October
Queanbeyan Racing Club - Sunday 29 October
Terms & conditions apply
Emily Quinn was last year's Shoalhaven winner representing us in the SERA Fashion on the Fields. Will you be this year's winner? Be at the races on Sunday 22 ...October to take part in this great competition offering over $5000 worth of prizes. SERA South East Racing Association Goulburn District Racing Sapphire Coast Turf Club Moruya Jockey Club Racing NSW Visit Shoalhaven
SERA Fashions on the Field Rules
1. The Promoter is the South East Racing Association
2. By registering to participate in the South East Racing Association Fashions on the Field competition, you agree to abide by the competition rules and guidelines.
3. To be eligible to enter this competition, entrants must be strictly 18 years old or older on the day of the event. This event is open to female participants only
4. Heat competitors must live in the same local council area as ...the racecourse hosting the heat, Photo identification will be required to verify your address
5. All heat winners are responsible to make their own way to the Final at Goulburn District Racecourse on Country Championships Day on 24 February 2018
6. Entrants must not be dressed by a fashion designer and failure to comply with this will result in disqualification.
7. Outfits or part outfits (including millinery) which have won any prize in a Fashions on the Field event in the ACT or NSW in last 12 months are not eligible to enter this competition and failure to comply with this will result in disqualification. Accessories and shoes are exempt from this criteria.
8. Entrants must be wearing the outfit intended for judging at the time of registration.
9. Contestants must not receive any compensation from a third party for entering this competition
10. All prizes awarded to the contestant must remain the property of the contestant
11. Headwear is mandatory for all entrants.
12. Registration and event times will be held at or as close to the advertised time as possible but this is subject to final race day timings and operational requirements as determined by the Promoter.
13. Preliminary judging or heats may be introduced at the discretion of the Promoter on the Race Day if deemed necessary
14. The Promoter shall select and appoint the judges. The judge’s decision is final.
15. All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize at its complete discretion.
16. Current employees, their immediate family members or sub-contractors who have worked for the promoter in the last 12 months and their immediate family members, are ineligible to enter any of the FOTF events.
17. The Promoter reserves the right not to hold a FOTF event if there are less than five eligible entrants for that event.
18. Entrants who are deemed to be too intoxicated by the Promoter at the time of judging will be disqualified.
19. Participants may only enter at one racecourse
20. Prize value over $5000 to the winner of the final at Goulburn District Race Club on Saturday 24 February 2018 (prizes to be announced 14 October 2017)
Goulburn District Racing Queanbeyan Racecourse Moruya Jockey Club Cooma Monaro Race Club Bombala Races Shoalhaven City Turf Club Braidwood Jockey Club Sapphire Coast Turf Club John Scorse Country Racing Fashion Racing NSW Arhat Millinery - By Deb Parish Angela Menz Rob Tweedie
Congratulations to Moruya Jockey Club for beating Murrumbidgee Turf Club, Muswellbrook Race Club and Wellington Race Club in winning the CountryTAB Race club of the year... SERA takes the prize this year!! Well done to all the staff and committee for a fabulous season!!
SERA Fashions on the Field will be going ahead again this year. The purpose of this competition is attract local entrants to enter the competition based on an outfit put together with their own style in mind. In order to attract locals to the Racecourse, you will be unable to enter this competition if you reside outside of the shire. Please check the clubs below for the date of your heat.
Major prize worth over $5,000
Bombala Jockey Club - 21st October ...
Shoalhaven City Turf Club 22 October
Queanbeyan Racing Club 29 October
Goulburn & District Race Club 26 November
Cooma Monaro Race Club - 9 December
Moruya Jockey Club 22 Jan 2018
Sapphire Coast Turf Club - 4 February 2018
Braidwood Jockey Club - 10 February 2018
Final will be held at Goulburn Racecourse on Country Championships day on 24 February 2018
Contact your local club for more information regarding heat times, prizes etc
Congratulations to Aimee Hay representing Sapphire Coast Turf Club for winning the SERA Fashions on the Field final at Goulburn Racecourse yesterday. Aimee takes home prizes to the value of over $5,000. Well done to all of our finalists, you all looked amazing!!!
Carwoola fire - anyone needing to evacuate horses can take them to Queanbeyan Racecourse. Boxes available.
A grass fire is burning at Carwoola, just 10 kilometres east of Queanbeyan.
Our final star judge for SERA Fashions on the Field Final on Saturday
Andrew James MUA/Millinery is more than a design label, it is an experience of construction and expression that has translated millinery into an art that compliments and inspires. Having found a niche within the fashion industry, Andrew James continues to steadily grow as an independent and successful business.
The growth of Andrew James has resulted in working collaboratively with several major Australian designers on successful fashion campaigns such as Emma O’Rourke, from The LABEL. Andrew’s designs have featured more recently in Big Ink magazine, HER Canberra & Label Ministry. Working with key local stylist Jessica Rolfe – fashion stylist and blogger and Julie Snook, television presenter for Nine News.
Our next star judge
'Emma Batchelor is the founder and editor of Leiden Magazine, an online publication covering fashion, beauty, health and fitness. Leiden is dedicated to supporting and showcasing the work of emerging and established creatives to produce content that embraces a wider ideal of beauty and a holistic view of health. Emma has worked as a contemporary dancer for many years performing both nationally and internationally, holds an honours degree in Medical Science, and currently sits on the board of Canberra Dance Theatre.'
The first of our star judging panel for SERA Fashions on the Field Final
ANGELA MENZ currently resides in Melbourne and treats everyday as a day to dress up and explore the fun of fashion. She is a milliner and designer with a love of horseracing. Her design aesthetic is varied but is underlined with a passion for bold colour, pattern and texture.
Since 2003 she has been a regular competitor in FOTF competitions at major Australian race meetings, winning many sashes along th...e way. Her ultimate highlight was being sashed as the winner of the national Myer Fashions on the Field competition at the Melbourne Cup Carnival in 2011 in an outfit she designed and made herself. She was thrilled to have her winning ensemble on display at the National Sports Museum as part of their Racing Style exhibition and was part of the Fashion and Flemington book, celebrating 50 years of FOTF.
Angela was a Myer Fashions on the Field ambassador at Rosehill Racecourse for the ATC Sydney Autumn Carnival in 2012 and was invited back to Flemington judge FOTF in 2012. She enjoys sitting on the other side of the stage these days and has judged various Fashions on the Field competitions all around Australia, including Adelaide, the Darwin Cup and several times at the Cairns Cup and Amateurs carnival.
She’s also been to numerous racedays overseas including Royal Ascot and the Prix de Diane at Chantilly, France.
Aside from racing, she has kept herself busy creating millinery and working full time in the fashion industry. Angela is originally from Canberra and studied fashion design at the Canberra Institute of Technology.
Another big congratulations goes to Aimee Hay who took out the SERA Fashions on the Field heat on Sunday. Aimee will be representing Sapphire Coast on Country Championships Day, Saturday 18 February.
Good luck to all of our finalists. Please familiarise yourselves with the terms & conditions.
Thank you to all of the ladies and gents for participating in this event. We look forward to an even bigger and better event for the next Racing season.