C...urry came out and showed me the horrid of one!!! We could have been the next people on the news with a chimney fire!!!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE A FIRE HAZARD IN YOUR NEW HOME!!!! Have them call Top Cat and make it a great home to live in!!!!!
You guys rock!!! And my big mouth will spread the word!!!
Give them a try and know that the work is done right.
A customer was kind enough to share their story of a chimney fire. This is the reason all home owners should inspect their chimneys yearly.
“The Fire box was warped and termite damage had built up sawdust along the base of the fire box.
When the first fire of the year was lit on Thanksgiving, the embers and sparks slipped under the warped fire box....
First they caught the sawdust, then the timbers, where it smouldered its way up the chimney until it hits fresh air that night and burst into flame.
At first we thought we were hearing rain, then we thought we were hearing the house settling. Finally, I had the horrible thought that an ember had gotten onto the roof an stepped further outside to check. The wall was glowing red and fire was shooting out of the chimney. The house had no fire or smoke alarms.”
Please take any precautions before the season with alarms and inspections on an annual basis.