- District Marketing ManagerJuly 2000 to February 2005 Ann Arbor, MichiganDistrict consistently number one in the corporation for customer sales initiatives. Successfully aided in building foot traffic, incremental sales, customer loyalty, and retention for
22 Borders Stores in OH, IN, KY, and NY.
- Commission to Replicate Textile Badge of MourningApril 1996 to June 2000 Mount Vernon, VirginiaInitiated concept for 200th anniversary of George Washington’s death. Researched and
replicated extinct textile badge worn at mock funerals held for George Washington in 1799-1800.
Project involved over a dozen scholars and artisans from across the United States. Original badge was exhibited at Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate through December of 1999. Conducted national lecture, exhibit, and media campaign for George Washington Mourning
Epaulet project. Institutions to include: Yale University, Cornell University, George Mason University, University of Delaware, University of Tennessee, Ohio University, and Youngstown State University. Organizations to include: The Daughters of the American Revolution, International Old Lacers, and the Masons. Work published in international journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- OwnerMarch 1982 to April 1996 Warren, OhioInvolvement with all aspects of residential historic rehabilitation including several properties listed on the national register, spanning federal through post Victorian architecture. Experiences range from hands on replacement of sills, to early window, woodwork, and wall restoration, to include technical wall covering replication and paint applications. Familiar with all types of
building preservation and maintenance. Crew supervision and instruction of restoration techniques. Property management of moderate to low income single and multi family dwellings within the city of Warren including evictions.
- Community Organization AdvisorOpelousas, LouisianaGrant writing and consulting services, board and financial development, strategic planning, and resource organization for community based organizations and NGOs.
- Joined the Shinning Light Foundation Board of Directors, Lafayette, LA Winter 2016; Awarded Ohio Parent Teacher Association Honorary Lifetime Membership 2002; Named to the Outstanding Young Men of America 1985
- No favorite quotes to show