Jayne Marie Smith's video of Mahogany Jones doing her thing is on NPR's front page. Nice work. Skin Deep is the 3rd video on the page.
On Monday, November 17, Vox Culture hosted its grand finale event to a year dedicated to focusing and raising awareness on domestic violence in Houston and arou...nd the world. Featuring an evening of fashion, arts, entertainment, and socializing, "Beauty in Courage" was dedicated to putting a spotlight on Vox Culture's partner for 2014, the Tahirih Justice Center - with part of evening's proceeds benefiting them as well.
The event took place at Mr. Peeples with an after-party being hosted at Majorca Bistro and Tapas. Special thanks for support on this event go out to a number of businesses, community leaders, artists, and volunteers for making this an amazing night and amongst the most successful Vox events ever, with a overall total of 200+ people partaking!
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Ms. Jacquie Baly
- Red Carpet Correspondent & Fashion Show Entertainer: Rocko Stedy Narvios
- Red Carpet Correspondent: Oanh Mai
- Fashion Designers: Danny Nguyen, Umair Khan, Virginia Colao, Emilia Natalicchio, Rammy Kaur, and Damari Rubio (collaborating accessory designer)
- Performers: Son Kiss'd (Dance & Poetry); Sugar Joiko (Live Musical Performance); Rocko Stedy (Live Musical Performance); Kuumba Freeque (Live Musical Performance); Kenali Kendrick (Live Areal Artist); Anna Vlada (Stilt Walker)
- Artists: Jackson Potts II, George "Goldenboy" Phelps, Chyna Wheatley, Erin Massey, Anu Srivastav, and Ami Mehta
- Sponsors: Jackson Potts II Photography; Advantage BMW Midtown; The MUA Project; RWB Vodka, DASH Vodka, CQ Realty, Brand Elixir, First Models & Talent Agency, Georgette's Beauty Salon, Mr. Peeples, Majorca Bistro and Tapas!!!
Photo Credit: Amy Law, Marshall Harkins, Jennifer Nguyen, Rocko Stedy, and Anu Srivastav
VOXedinburgh's KATHAA HAALNU is an evening of many stories, including Helen's. Helen's story will tell us why she now wants to help her Nepalese friends to hav...e a water supply for their little business. She's been working really hard to create these clothing items, which we'll be selling at the event, with all monies going to help the people who helped her.
It's a family affair: thanks to Helen's daughter Chloe for modelling these.